BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a four year, 8 semester program of Tribhuvan University under Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FOHSS). This degree offers students the industry-relevant computing & IT skills and knowledge to be able to work on wide range of organizations. This course covers the key topics in computer applications, networking and software developments providing students with an excellent education and training for a rapidly changing environment.
The BCA course helps students enhance the skill/knowledge applied in different IT/Computing sectors such as System Development, System Analysis, Software Development, Network Administration, system Administration etc . The course introduces most of the programming courses as core subjects which provides strong foundation to develop core concepts of programming language so that on completion of the course the students are ready to work in the relevant field.
Why study at Samajik College?
Samajik College prepares the students for fast developing IT/Software industry. Samajik College recognizes that students coming to study at Samajik College come from varied backgrounds. To enable them to familiarize with the course, the college conducts orientation classes which help students feel at ease with the content of the curriculum taught. This will also ease them to develop rapport with their peers and classmates.
The college understands the need of twenty-first century organizations’ needs and prepares its graduates who are capable of addressing needs of the industry. The college engages students in different project works and assignments which help them possess the appropriate combination of knowledge and practical skills. Further, the college provides enough exposure to its students so that they gain industry relevant experience and hands-on exposure to current and emerging technology.
Moreover, interactive lectures, personalized teaching and monitoring students’ progress through well designed assignments and assessments ensure that all students achieve the specified outcomes. In fact, the role of the faculty at Samajik thus is more of a mentor, facilitator.
Definitely, students will have access to fully equipped and specialized computer laboratories right from the beginning of your course. Also, the college maintains strong industry links through research and educational program, so our students have the opportunity to be involved in the industry projects, internships.
Most importantly, Samajik College puts all its efforts to produce graduates who are multi-skilled, multi-tasked and good human who will be well-rounded IT professionals with significant exposure to a diverse range of IT practices and possess the ability to meet the future needs of this ever-evolving and fast moving industry.
The main objectives of this course are as follows:
- To impart skill development training to students for creating genuine solutions of the problems associated to information systems of corporate houses, governmental and non-governmental organizations, financial houses, and many other institutions.
- To produce professionals in the field of computer application.
- To provide students knowledge regarding the various tools, notion and technical ideas underlying the software development.
- To make students fully prepared and well acquainted in working in this continuously evolving and challenging field of computer science.
- To develop students ability to work individually and as a group with sound communication and team player skills.
PCL or + 2 or equivalent in any discipline passed with minimum 40% marks or 2 GPA or ‘C’ grade in all the subjects of 11 and 12.
Scope and Career Prospects
Software developer and different IT professional develops different types of applications and computer games. This is one of the popular posts that has a great demand on the market and is highly paid as well.
BCA graduates can apply for a post of system analysts, system managers, project managers, database administrators, system designers and programmers. Information industries and manufacture industries are always seeking for BCA graduates
Graduates may take up the following posts in the above mentioned sectors-
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Database Management professional
- Project Manager
- Information Security professional
- Information Management professional
- System Administrator
- System Security Officer
- Software Architect
- Associate Software Engineer
- Project Manager
- Computer Fundamentals and Applications [CACS101]
- Society and Technology [CASO102]
- English I [CAEN103]
- Mathematics I [CAMT104]
- Digital Logic [CACS105]
- C Programming [CACS151]
- Financial Accounting [CAAC152]
- English II [CAEN153]
- Mathematics II [CAMT154]
- Microprocessor and Computer Architecture [CACS155]
- Data Structures and Algorithms [CACS201]
- Probability and Statistics [CAST202]
- System analysis and design [CACS203]
- OOP in Java [CACS204]
- Web Technology [CACS205]
- Operating System [CACS251]
- Numerical Methods [CACS252]
- Software Engineering [CACS253]
- Scripting Language [CACS254]
- Database Management System [CACS255]
- Project I [CAPJ256]
- MIS and E-Business [CACS301]
- DotNet Technology [CACS302]
- Computer Networking [CACS303]
- Introduction to Management [CAMG304]
- Computer Graphics and Animation [CACS305]
- Mobile Programming [CACS351]
- Distributed System [CACS352]
- Applied Economics [CAEC353]
- Advanced Java Programming [CACS354]
- Network Programming [CACS355]
- Project II [CAPJ356]
- Cyber Law and Professional Ethics [CACS401]
- Cloud Computing [CACS402]
- Internships [CAIN403]
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Operations Research [CAOR451]
- Project III [CAPJ452]
- Elective III
- Elective IV
- Applied Psychology [CAPS476]
- Geographical Information System [CACS477]
- IT in Banking [CACS478]
- Hotel Information System [CACS479]
- Enterprise Resource Planning [CAER480]
- Knowledge Engineering [CACS482]
- Advanced DotNet Technology [CACS483]
- Database Programming [CACS484]
- Database Administration [CACS485]
- Network Programming [CACS486]